Friday, October 12, 2012

The No Namer

This Space is Blank

I have no title for today's blog because I think it is just going to be a mish mash of stuff. I guess I could have called is "mish mash." But I didn't.

First, a correction. In the blog about my Kidney Stone I wrote that stones above .5 mm. were considered too large and needed to be removed. Ummm, yeah, no, not really. That should be .5 cm. or 5 mm. I still haven't heard back about my CT scan so we are still waiting to find out if it has grown.

Dave's birthday is approaching. He will be turning 38 (and finally catching up with me!) on October 14th. Dave is a bit bitter about his birth date. You see, until he met me the only person he knew with his birthday was, well, him. But once he married into my family the world changed.

My sister was born on October 14th. My Uncle Bill was born on October 14th. My sister's-bro-in law was born on October 14th. And, just today, someone new was discovered. Dave was walking into Betsy's school to pick her up for the day when the new middle school teacher stopped him. Apparently word had gotten out about the 10/14 epidemic. Sam (the teacher) let Dave know he was also part of this "special" group.

Personally, I think Dave's lucky. I haven't found many people with a July 6th birthday, and certainly no one who is a relative or friend or someone I see on a regular basis.

This year Dave will be celebrating alone as my sister will still be on her way home from her family vacation to Maryland, and my parents will actually be in Maryland on that day. I hope he enjoys his day of solo celebration. I would tell you what I bought him for this birthday, but with my luck this will be the day he actually reads my blog and it would spoil the surprise!

I am contemplating driving my electric scooter (yes I own one of those) to Target this evening. Our housing development is right next door to a strip mall with a Super Target, Michael's Crafts, and Petsmart. It used to have a Best Buy, but alas, it closed down. I am not sure what they are going to put in its place. Needless to say it is a dangerous strip mall.

Although I can't drive my car, it is not too far of a trip on the electric scooter. It is the one way I can go out and do shopping on my own without having to rely on anyone. The only problem is that I have to be careful about how much I buy as I need to be able to transport everything home. I want to get some special things for Dave's birthday, and I also just kinda want to wander around a store by myself.

We will see if I can gather enough energy to make this event possible.

So that is my mish mash for the day. Betsy is coming inside after playing and dinner is almost ready. Nummies in the Tummies!

One last thing. Jacob, if by some off chance you read this post, I am sorry I did not call you today. I am not a good patient and at our next session I promise to give you ten entire minutes of complete silence where I comply with your every whim. Well, make that five minutes. You can't expect me to perform miracles, can you Jacob?

TTFN (yes, I really did type that)

Diane.

1 comment: